Sunday, April 25, 2010

Eclipse Trailer Review by Tess

We've had a few days now to watch the trailer and sort through our feelings. I, for one, was very pleased. My only disappointment was that there was no preview of the leg hitch. Trixie and I are banking heavily on their being a leg hitch...so, we better get our friggin' leg hitch. For those of you who don't know about the leg hitch, you should re-read Eclipse...you've missed a vital part.

My favorite line in the trailer was..."as long as we get to kill SOME vampires" - Jacob Black
I love that line.

My favorite scene is...well, all of the ones that Edward is in...pretty much, yeah that about covers it. I LOVE, like love love love love, "Black Sweater Eddie"...Trixie and I have been drooling buckets over him since we first got a glimpse in the teaser trailer. I was crossing all fingers and toes that "Black Sweater Eddie" (which will be referred to as BSE from here on out) would be the next life-size cut-out. "Grey Suit Eddie" has been glaring at me in my office since last November and I was really hoping I would get to replace him with BSE...but my hopes and dreams were dashed. This weekend there have been pictures floating around and the new cut-outs have been revealed. The new life-size Edward is going to be "Jean Jacket with White T-shirt Eddie"...doesn't really have the same ring to it, but it is still very appealing.

I will gladly bite, bend, and lick his cardboard.
He'll look good in my office.

A new Eclipse still was floating around this weekend. It looks like it is in the clearing when Edward is getting ready to battle Victoria. Which, takes me to another scene I wish we would have gotten a better glimpse of...the tent scene. I wanted a taste...just a lick...of the tent scene.
I have a dream (think MLK Jr.)...
of being in the middle of an Edward and Jacob sandwich.

I'm guessing that scene is probably right before Edward becomes the sexiest man to ever push over a tree.
from www.robsessedpattinson.com

Yes, Edward. Push it....pa-push it real good.

Push it. Ahhh.
pa-push it real good.

I LOVED the trailer. It takes a lot for me to not like anything Twi-related, but I genuinely thought it was a fabulous look at the movie. It had all of the key elements...LOTS of Edward, shirtless Jacob, the Cullen boys, fierce looking Volturi, FREAKY newbie vamps, and action...lots and lots of action. The last scene where the wolves do their surprise attack on the newborns is off-the-hook! I love it.

So, far...what is your favorite screen cap from the new Eclipse trailer?
What are you most looking forward to seeing in the movie?

Trixie & Tess

5 comments:

MiMi said...

I loved the ENTIRE trailer.
However. My favorite scene is one in my head...where I do the leg hitch scene...in the tent...with em both. But if I have to pick one...well. I pick Jacob. That's me. You'll see as we make our journey through the Twi-world. I'm a Jacob gal. Rawr. I'll be his pack mate. Come imprint on ME, Jakey.

TwitardedMom said...

I liked the whole trailer. Not ususally one to pick things apart. Just one little comment, are those vampires or zombies comming out of the water?

MamaTink said...

I didn't like how they forgot to explan WHY the wolves want to help the vampires suddenly. Gave me heart palpitations though!!!

TongueTwied said...

@TM-"not usually one to pick things apart" UNLIKE ME!!! LOL have you seen today's blog post at tonguetwied???

TongueTwied said...

i thought that was jacob punching the tree!

80s eddie? jean jacket look is very 80s, no?