Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Great Ring Debate

With the release of Hot Topic's Eclipse Merchandise available for pre-order, we decided it was time to have the great ring debate.  Hot Topic has also released their version of Bella's engagement ring pictured below.

While it closely resembles the one used in the movie...


it still closely resembles a bedazzled Easter egg.  When the trailer showing the ring came out, quite frankly, I didn't care.  I was more caught up in the trailer.  Now that I continue to look at it, it really bugs me!  This thing is huge!  Which is usually a good thing, but I just can't imagine Edward giving Bella something like that.  It looks like modern day costume jewelry, not a turn of the century heirloom.  I much prefer...



the ring distributed by Infinite Jewelry or...


something like this available on Etsy.


What do you gals think?  Is the movie ring how you pictured?

I know that it just wouldn't be right for Edward to give Bella a traditional engagement ring, but this just isn't what most the fans envisioned from the controversy it has caused. Personally, if this...





was my fiance, I wouldn't care if my ring came from here...





Tell us what you think!  Do you like the ring?  Do you hate it?  Could you care less?  Would you buy one of the replicas to have as your own?


Talk amongst yourselves!
Trixie & Tess

8 comments:

MamaTink said...

Hello Ladies. While it is not at all what I expected it to be, you would think someone who is soooo wealthy would buy some bigger stones for the love of his eternity.....BUUUUUTTTT I would still take it droolingly from his gorgeous self!

House Queen said...

It kinda does look like an egg...but ...if Edward is giving it out....It will be most EGG-CELENT to me!!!

Hope you are having a great Wednesday!!!

Salt said...

Do not love. But then again, he could propose with a ring pop and that would be ok. :)

I love the other rings you posted!!

Kelly said...

It is not at all what I pictured, just from Bella's description in the book. I had hopped it would look more heirloom, it really doesn't. I would assume SM had sign off on it.. so maybe it's what she had pictured. I would be interested to know what she thinks of it.

MiMi said...

Meh. I don't like so much.
I think it's a little HUGE and all.
I thought it was supposed to pass for a "bauble" or something.

kassiecullen said...

I don't like it at all. Not what I had pictured. It does look like modern day costume jewlery and not like a ring from the late 1800's when Edward's mother would have been married. They should have asked someone with history in their background like me for example or an actual jeweler and it would have looked much better.

Mrsblogalot said...

Not anything like I pictured or would want but if he was offering... (-:

Isabella MARIE Cullen said...

The ring that Infinite Jewelry is selling looks the most like what I pictured when I read the book. The one in the movie is the right look to me, but it is just too BIG! I saw the one on Hot Topic's website, and it looks like a piece of crap that you would get in a gumball machine or a secret decoder ring. Seriously! And they are selling it for $39.99!!!!! You could spend $20 more and get the one from Infinite Jewelry that looks so much better. BTW - I finally sent in for the one I got from Oprah.....can't wait! I'll post pics when I get it. :)