Monday, May 10, 2010

Little (Rob) Ashes

We welcome you to Trixie and Tess Tell All as we join in with Robmusement and all the other great Twi-blogs to celebrate Rob on his 24th birthday!

Today, here on TNT, we're featuring Little Ashes. This movie was released in 2009, in between Twilight and New Moon. Straight up, we have to be totally honest with you girls...We have NOT watched this movie.  We are more of the romantic/comedy movie kind of girls.  The only reason we have considered watching it is that Rob is a part of the movie...and there is that part about him being nekkid...and little Rob making an appearance. We tried to find the movie to watch it this past week, but can you believe that we could only find it for purchase online?! There wasn't enough time to get it in the mail for this blog post, so we opted to find as much video on YouTube and other websites.

Here are a few of our observations...

Rob plays Salvador Dali. The movie is about his life and his loves.  Rob does do well taking on a non-Twilight role.  We give him major props for being in character and for being so believable.  We realize that this is historical and true to life, BUT...and this is a big BUT...We do not love Rob kissing a man. No we don't. Do you want to know why? It is a lot harder to visualize yourself kissing Rob when he is sticking his tongue down a man's throat. Not only does he play tonsil hockey with a man, he "sheet dances" with him too. Yeah.  We had to undergo intense Twi-therapy after seeing those clips. Just picture hours and hours of Twilight and New Moon viewing accompanied by hours and hours and hours of visual aids that included pictures of Robsten and Rob with Emilie...those bedroom scenes in RM are hot hot hot. Whew, we were finally better and back to our happy place.

Rob has a couple of hideous wardrobe and hairstyle bloopers in this movie. In one scene, our gorgeous lover boy is wearing an awful red and white striped shirt and his hair looks like he stole one of Alice's wigs from New Moon. The good thing is that his chiseled jaw line is always there...even with a bad Alice wig.  His wardrobe and hair choices improve as the movie goes along.  Take for instance, this look...

 And this one...
 And then there is this one...
Our final review, we're always fans of Rob regardless of whether or not we're fans of the movie.  We feel like he deserves much respect for the way he took on such a huge roll and played it so well. 
Here's a look at Little Ashes:



Follow the Rob's Birthday Blog Train to Robmusement...Click HERE!

Trixie & Tess

17 comments:

itsjustme1217 said...

I own this movie and I have seen it a bunch of times. I love it. Rob's performance is mind blowing as is that of the rest of the cast.

kassiecullen said...

Do you have Netflix? I do and Little Ashes is on their list of movies to watch instantly. There is a way to share it through x-box (but dont ask me how, I can hardly handle the computer, lol) But if you want to see it you can sign up for a free 30 day trial. Its just a little overkill to do that just to watch the movie but if you really want to see it, I'd say go for it!
KC

Twired Jen said...

I haven't seen Little Ashes either. I'm honestly a little unsure about it giving me the eebie jeebies. There, I said it. Great job, even if you haven't seen it ;)

xo J

MiMi said...

What? I just read the comment about netflix and now I HAVE to watch it.
However. Girls. I love you. You KNOW I'd give you Rob when I was done. BUT.
I need Twi-therapy just THINKING about him kissin' a guy. Sorry. :)

TongueTwied said...

I watched this just recently. It's what you DIDN'T expect in this movie that is the most disturbing.

I expected the guy-on-guy.

I'll leave it at that.

No I won't, be sure to use frame by frame for some fantastic skin shown!

smartEpantz said...

Gah! Another on the ever growing list of Rob movies that I have yet to see...I'll throw it on the pile...

I do get squikked a bit over the dude on dude, but only in his real life! Otherwise, I'm all for him taking exploratory roles. ;) Hehe.

xoxo
E

Christiejolu said...

Awe I had no idea it was Robs birthday today! Happy Bday to Rob!

Twilove1 said...

Hello T & T! I'm always late to everything, but happy to finally be here. BTW, your banner is beautiful! I own the Little Ashes DVD, but still haven't watched it. I'm waiting to see it with my two Twitarded friends so they can talk me through the tough parts. The picture of "the tuck" scared me too much to brave it alone.

Mary said...

I've still not seen this film either *hangs head in shame*

Tina's Been Rob'd said...

I love this movie - Rob just completely stuns me. It's so different, and he pulls it off so well. This is one of those roles he'll look back on and say.. fuck im glad i did that - i totally owned that role.

Stan said...

Great pics of Rob from LA. I've seen it but never managed to watch it all the way through yet, it's one of those that you need to concentrate for and I never get that long alone when I'm not too tired to watch!

I may or may not have screen caps from the masturbation scene saved ;o)

rpfangirldc said...

I loved Rob's wardrobe in LA... The 'stche I could do without, though. LOL I love his dapper dress in LA, too. The kissing of a man doesn't bother me... The sheet 'n' greet does...

Wonderful post T'n'T!

Kelly said...

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!

I cried.. OMG.. you must must must see this one. He makes such a wonderful performance... and there is one scene.. GAH! I BAWLED.. outloud... in the theater... I saw it after Twilight obviously.. and it was when I knew I would follow his career no matter where he took it.. I would watch anything he did.. I loved this movie.. did I mention that? :)

Thanks fo the great post!!

WOOT WOOT.. on to the next stop.. where is that damn bar car?

XOXO
Kelly

thecoldshower said...

I just recently lost my Little Ashes virginity thanks to MyRobAddiction and well I didn't think it was *that* bad... I still prefer Bel Ami and Remember Me sex scenes though ;-)

Honolulu Girl from Trueblood Twilight said...

It's no secret that I LOVE Little Ashes but not so much for Rob's character, but for Javier Beltran's character Frederico Lorca.

I admit there were moments where I kind of cringed, and not so much for the content but for the lack of, I should say. I really despised Rob's character Salvador Dali for not being there in the end, helping support Lorca in his cause and really, his 'coming out'.

To me the movie was deeper than I expected and I was so moved by the ending, I cried, quite considerably I might add. Great film and great post!

The Posh Box said...

OH MY! lol

17foreverlisa said...

I love this movie. It really moved me. I was moved by Rob taking on the roll. I was moved by the beautiful filming/scenery. I was moved by the pain and fear of the times depicted in the movie. It's definitely worth watching from beginning to end.

@Tina's Been Rob'd - I totally agree. Rob will never look back and be sorry he made this film.

@HG - Javier *sigh*

Lisa