Thursday, July 29, 2010

Breaking Dawn--A Casting Call Part 1

The Internet has been a buzz with the rumors that Lee Pace is in negotiations to play Garrett in Breaking Dawn, or as E online says Edward's BFF.  Insert eye roll.  Do your research people!  Anyway, you don't know who Lee Pace is?  I didn't either.  He's the Pushing Daisies guy.



My first impression was no way!  He doesn't fit the bill at all.  I imagined Garrett more brawny. Chiseled features.  Wild and rogue.  This guy seems too pretty boy and delicate.  Then again I never watched Pushing Daisies so I have no idea about his acting.  What do you guys think, is he a good fit for Garrett?

Then I realized that I have been thinking a lot about the wedding, and Isle Esme, and Renesmee to think very much about casting.  Who are they going to find to play these people? In my mind it almost has to be very talented unknowns to even come close to matching our imaginations.

So, I thought it would be fun to create our very own Breaking Dawn cast.  Who do you want to see play these roles? List who you would like to see in the comments section and we will do a continuing series on these actors, with pics if possible, and then we will vote for them. Together we can create the perfect cast!

This week let's breakdown the Denali clan.  Who do you want to see play:

Tonya
Kate
Irina
Carmen
Eleazar

Love,

Trixie

P to the S.  Thanks soooooooo much for all the birthday wishes.  You girlies are the best and it made my day perfect!!!  Don't forget to enter our 100 for 100 giveaway by becoming a follower if you haven't already!
Trixie & Tess

5 comments:

rpfangirldc said...

Lee Pace is so not Garrett for me. I see Garrett as a dark haired, brawny, comedian type... Not this guy.

Well, since unknowns are unknown, I will pick knowns for these parts...

Tonya ~ I still say Betty White. But srsly, I think Amy Adams. Her hair is perfect, meaning no wigs.

Kate ~ I always imagine Kate with darker hair, but I know most people want her blonde. I would pick Natalie Portman.

Irina ~ I can see Amanda Seyfried in this role... did I spell her name right? The girl from Mama Mia the movie.

Carmen ~ I vaguely remember Carmen. I guess it all depends if she is supposed to look older like Carlisle and Esme or younger like Edward, Alice, etc. Older Carmen would definitely be Salma Hayek. Younger Carmen would be Selena Gomez.

Eleazar ~ again it's going to be older vs. younger for me. Older would be Benecio del Toro or Antonio Banderas. Younger would be Efren Ramirez (Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite).

That's what I have so far.

luckydame said...

Pushing Daisies was one of my most favorite shows....you've gotta rent it on netflix. It's so much awesome!

Why am I blanking on who Garrett is? I only read BD once and that was right when it came out.

kassiecullen said...

OMG I loved Pushing Dasies and Lee Pace was awesome in it. Although I wouldnt use that character to judge his acting abilities because Ned (his character) was too sweet to show his darker side.

Ok so here's my list
Tanya-(oh this poor girl people are going to hate her no matter what)-Michaela McManus
Kate-Alexa Havens
Irina-Tricia Helfer
Carmen-Constance Marie
Eleazar- Esai Morales

I was seeing someone like Justin Bruenig for Garrett-He was on All My Children and the remake of Knight Rider

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

I loved Pushing Daisies! I was so sad when it got cancelled!

And how horrible is this, it's been SO LONG since I've read breaking dawn that I can't even remember these folks in the book??! To my defense, I only read it the one time and it was before Twilight even came to the screen. :)

TongueTwied said...

Hey guys, I'm planning on doing this on my blog too! One role at a time though. I've been thinking about it but haven't committed to any peeps. Maybe Amy Adams for Tanya?

It just seems so random that out of all characters they are casting garrett first??? Unless MR is writing in a bigger back story for him. And he would be BD II, no?