Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mockingjay Reading Group-Week 4

Welcome to the FINAL week of the Mockingjay discussion!


Thank goodness.

Seriously, people. I don't know why, but this has been the hardest book discussion. I've struggled each week to keep posting. I love the Mockingjay, so don't get me wrong. I love this book series so much that I have a tattoo to prove it. LOL. That's how I roll.

So, I don't want to take up a whole blog post summarizing the last 10 chapters. We've all read the book. We know how it ends. Katniss kicks ass once again. She however does not kill Snow like she says she's going to, she kills Coin. Snow gets what he deserves, a slow miserable death.

A few final discussion questions.

What was your reaction when Katniss agreed to the continuation of The Hunger Games? Were you already on to her...did you foresee what was coming? How did you feel when she stepped up and drew her arrow? Did you think it was headed straight for Snow's head or had you already guessed how it would end?

What about the fact that Katniss and Peeta end up married with children and living in District 12? Love it? Hate it? Did you hope there would be a different ending?

I LOVED the way the book ended. When I started reading, I was still on the fence a bit about who I wanted Katniss to end up with, but as the story unfolded, I realized that it was Peeta. In Twilight terms, Peeta was her Edward and Gale was her Jacob. I was really happy that Gale lived. It helps me deal with the end of the book. In my mind, I can visualize Gale being a career military man, who is happy with his life. I always like to keep the story line going in my head. I was really sad that Prim died. I knew someone would die, but I was hoping it wouldn't be her. The way that Haymitch just went back to being himself was some what of a disappointment, but also expected. I had kind of wished that he would have changed a bit...maybe married Effie or something crazy like that. All in all, I was happy with the ending. Well, I'm never actually happy when one of my favorite series ends, but I was content with the outcome.

If you're looking for something else to read that is along the same line as the Hunger Games, you might try The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I read this book last year after I finished Catching Fire and loved it! The second book, The Scorch Trials, is coming out next month. I read on his blog that he's already finished the first draft of the third and final book, The Death Cure.

Trixie started reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  She told me that it's really good, so I picked it up Friday night.  I haven't started it yet, but plan on catching up on my reading soon!  Trix seems to think that my next tattoo will be a dragon.  Hmmm.  I guess I'll find out soon!

What are you currently reading?

Don't forget about entering our Giveaway for the Edward and Jacob prints!  Go HERE!  We'll announce the winners for these on Thursday and we'll have another giveaway starting Friday!!


♥Tess

Trixie & Tess

3 comments:

MiMi said...

Still need to read it, just wanted to say, I'M HERE AND I SUCK!! : )

hotpants™ said...

I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was really good. I'm currently reading Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I needed something light before moving on to the 2nd book.

I mostly love the way the book ended. I'm happy she ended up with Peeta. I've wanted that since the 1st book. What I wasn't happy with was the way the story felt rushed in the end. I wanted more romance.

MaryRC said...

i loved every bit of this book. it wasnt pretty, but it affected me in every way. if a book can drag me through the mud emotionally, i love it.

the big shocker for me was when peeta wanted to kill her. i knew she was gonna kill whats her face, but prim's death was a shocker, didnt see it coming.

well done series, adding to my book collection for sure.

okay have you read shiver yet? great fix for a twihard.