Tess sent me these yesterday when I was in the depths of despair!
I was trapped Chilean Miner style in a 6 hour meeting surrounded by jelly beans and bowl fulls of candy.
I came out fairly unscathed thanks to Tess!
Seriously though, I have struggled to lose weight over the last 5-6 years after I had my last baby. Up and down, up then down...then usually up again. I finally for the first time in my life feel like I am on the right track to getting this weight off forever!!! I have tried everything from Weight Watchers to Atkins, Medifast, protein shakes, Nutrisystem (couldn't even bring myself to open the boxes of food with that one). All of these things worked for me for a while and then I would feel deprived and binge and never get started back. Before, August 16th I was following other methods and was continuing to yo-yo. Now I am following a program called Naturally Slim, here is a breakdown of what I have been doing:
- First and foremost, only eat when you are hungry.
- Eat what I want, when I want but only eat the portion size of your loosely held fist. I have had trouble measuring this and so I just cut my portions in half.
- Stay away from sugar as much as possible. I have indulged a few times here and there.
- Mix 1 part orange juice in with eight parts water and drink throughout the day. I mix in 8 oz. of orange juice with 64 oz of water. I drink all day long. The orange juice helps your blood sugar stay level and you don't get those crashes during the day. It also helps control your appetite. I am NEVER hungry. I may get a craving for something now and then, but I never experience real hunger.
- I started exercising. I recently purchased an app on my iphone called Couch to 5k. It does interval training between walking and jogging and is supposed to have you running a 5k in 9 weeks. When I started I could barely walk up one flight of stairs without wheezing and huffing and puffing. I am now up to 16 minutes of jogging in intervals of 3 and 5 minutes. If I can do this, so can you!!!! I am an overweight asthmatic 30ish something woman! I shouldn't be able to run. I am slow and can't go very far, but I am doing it.
We want to hear from other readers who are IRWTSMNing.
E-mail us your story if you don't mind being featured. Let's be an inspritation to each other!