Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Official...

Stephenie Meyer made it official last night by announcing to the public via Twilight Facebook that Mackenzie Foy has been cast as Renesmee.

 
Her offiicial statement said:

Hi Everyone!


Congratulations to the Twilight Facebook Fan Page! 15 million fans! You guys never cease to amaze me. In other news…

Very excited about our new Renesmee, Mackenzie Foy. She’s an amazing young actress and I’m excited to work with her. I hope everyone had an enjoyable summer!


- Steph

What do you think?  Are you excited about Mackenzie being cast?  I agree with some that she is too old to play the part, but I am sure with CGI they will come up with something great!

In other official news...

Also announced via Twilight Facebook (those lucky gals) is the release of...

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide 

 
It will be released on April 12, 2011 and will cost $24.99.  It is said to contain all the answers to the questions that all of us Twi-Hards want to know.  Like Alice's back story, for example.  How do you feel about this?  Do you feel it is a new blatant attempt to bilk money out of us fans?  Or is it Stephenie's way of pleasing the fans and thanking us for our support?  I choose to see it as the latter, I just wish it didn't cost $24.99.

Also, Peter Fachinelli recently Tweeted :

Thank you to His Golden Eyes for the photo.

I don't know about you, but that makes me very,very excited!  I anticipate that these are going to be the best movies yet.  I just feel like we are on the right track this time!  It also gives us a clue that the scripts are finished! 

 This has been the latest edition of Breaking News about Breaking Dawn.  Have a good day!

Xoxo,

Trix


Trixie & Tess

12 comments:

Kelly said...

I don;t really worry about the age thing with the little girl... I mean. Rob is supposed to be 17 right? We accept him becaus ehe has already become the character to us and so any changes to his appearance we simply accept..same goes for the rest of the cast... none of them are 17 anymore.. well Tay Tay isn't far off, but still we accept them.. we need to look past her actualy age and see what they have in store for the end of this Saga.

I, for one, feel that it;s not an easy adaptation... the book is huge, it's going to be 2 movies and there is some really interesting aspects to it.

OneWarmMomma said...

I think Foy is too old for Renesmee, but like you said...with CGI anything is possible. I'm stoked about the Guide, too! I think it's a little bit of both. However, Stephenie will be riding on the success of Twilight financially for the rest of her life, as will her kids I'm sure! That being said, there is really no need to keep "milking" from the fans.

Salt said...

SO stoked about the Guide!
And I think the casting will be spot on. From what I've seen of her, she's very versatile. :)

Dangrdafne said...

Well since the book was supposed to come out ages ago, I don't see it as an attempt to get more money from us and if it is, then smart move on their part. They should be taking advantage - why not give us what we want and let them get rich from it - it is just good business sense. I don't mean that to sound shallow but really they are in the business of making money and what better way than making us happy :) My two cents

I think the girl looks lovely but I do worry about her aging out of the role by the time the movies are completed. I am sure they have it all figured out but that is my concern.

April said...

One of the reason why I love you girls so ... your fabulous Saga updates that make my heart go pitter-patter. xoxo

Corinne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinne said...

I am excited about the guide.

rpfangirldc said...

The guide took long enough to come out. The things that have been added and included had better be really really great. I would definitely have to flip through it before I buy it, though.

As for Foy, I still say she's too old and her eyes are totally the wrong color. I get it from the point of being able to play the emotions better, but even with CGI... I just hope it doesn't look all fake or weird. I want to avoid any more fakeness... the Edward/Victoria/Riley fight background was fake enough.

I think they did okay with the other casting that I have seen so far. I guess we'll know more as filming gets under way.

MiMi said...

So who wrote the guide?? That's my only question. lol

Alisha said...

Mackenzie is very young and beautiful, she would be PERFECT as Renesmee! And, I really want to know Alice's backstory! I can't wait for the Guide to be released and for Breaking Dawn to get on the road of filming! Whose with me? :D

17foreverlisa said...

I think she is absolutely beautiful, as she should be. She is the love child of Robsten...er...Bella and Edward ;)

I have no idea how they are going to pull off Breaking Dawn, but I am encouraged by PFach's tweet. I'll be fine no matter what, though, because it's two more movies with Rob.

I'll buy the Guide and add it to my collection. I've went this far for crying out loud. LOL!

hotpants™ said...

I'm just anxious to see what they do with the last two. They're making the movies for the fans. I hope they get it right.