Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Breaking News About Breaking Dawn--Rosewood Plantation

Meet Rosewood Plantation...


Can you guess why this place is important?  Anyone? Anyone?

Well, according to Susie Harris at Beinvenue, a decorating blog I read, they are currently filming Breaking Dawn at this very plantation.  It is rather breathtaking dontcha think?  You see, Susie lives in LA (not Los Angeles, but Louisiana...LA will here on out be known as Louisiana) and her daughter's friend lives next door to this plantation.  Can you even imagine?  Also according to Susie, they are filming wedding scenes here.  Wedding scenes?  Am I the only one that remembers that Edward and Bella got married at the Cullen's house and not some fancy plantation?  Just looking at this pic makes me want to take a road trip.

Perhaps they are filming some of the wedding shots at the plantation and some of them at the Cullen's house.


Pics from Twifans 
(Go check out their site for more behind the scenes pics from Baton Rouge)


We want to book a stay at Rosewood Plantation.  Who's with us?!

Trixie & Tess

6 comments:

Kelly said...

ME! ME! ME!

I'd go...

The wedding also takes place outside ... the reception is outside in the back yard of the Cullen's house... I think it's great that they are using a place like this .. I'm sure the grounds have a wonderful romantic feel for these scenes.. actually this is the kinf of house.. sort of.. that I pictured the Cullens living in.. not the modern house they have in the movie and though I know they can't change the house now.. CGI is every director's friends... I'm sure it will look flawless :)

MiMi said...

I wanna go!!!
Duh. The wedding was at the Cullen house. Everyone knows that!

Corinne said...

Wow. that plantation is beautiful

17foreverlisa said...

It's beautiful and I agree with Kelly. I bet they'll use it for the back yard/exterior shots.

TongueTwied said...

Reminds me of Sweet Home Alabama.

I think it will be a beautiful backdrop!

OneWarmMomma said...

Dr. Coop can get nervous around me ANYTIME. I'm just sayin...