Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kristen Wants To Pay It Forward

Have you seen this drop-dead-gorgeous cover of Vogue with Kristen on it?

She is absolutely stunning.  I'll definitely be adding that to my collection.

Inside the February issue of Vogue, Kristen discusses the fame and fortune that Twilight has brought her.  She talks about the inconveniences of no longer being able to just go to the mall and blend in...she feels like she'll always be "the Twilight girl". 

When asked what she plans to do with her recent bump in salary, she said that she would like to open some half-way houses for people who are struggling to get back on their feet.  She said after delving into her role as a stripper in Welcome To The Rileys, she saw the need for something like that.

I think that is very admirable.  One thing that is for sure, is that Kristen takes her roles seriously and personally...they become a part of her.  I think it's great that she wants to give back.

If you were getting the bank roll that some of the Twi-stars are getting right now, what would you do with it?Trixie & Tess

8 comments:

MiMi said...

That's a tough one! I think that there are so many worthy causes that I would have a hard time narrowing it down.
She looks awesome on that cover though!

Alisha said...

I'm catching up on my TNT reading, so forgive me girls! Please?!XD But, I loved this post!

I would have to agree with MiMi on the many charities and funds that need support. For me, I would have to help out the causes I support: Breast Cancer, Suicide/SI awareness. I mostly want to give free psychological counseling to those who can't afford it and affordable CAT scans and free breast exams. I know those are pretty random, but those were just a few causes I like to help out with.

Dangrdafne said...

I would help my friends first and then triple my giving to the charities I already give to - cancer, animals, leukemia, babies, worldwide support groups, etc.

I love when celebrities use their celebrity for good. It is the only reason I would want to be one, otherwise I don't think I could give up my privacy.

Impulsive Addict said...

I would either buy stock in the Captain OR donate some money to my new favorite charity--Saint Jude's. I'll have to get back to you on that one...

Twired Jen said...

First and foremost I would make sure my entire family and close friend were taken care now & for the future.

I would also love to be able to donate to certain charities. I have donated a little to the Humane Society, as well as "Inspire" (for Cervical Cancer.) St. Jude's is also amazing and does such great work.

Like DD, I'd hate to give up my privacy, but taking care of those I love and donating to worthy causes would be a huge plus.

Great post! Cannot wait to buy that magazine!

xo J

17foreverlisa said...

That is very admirable of Kristen. Good for her!

I would definitely take care of my family first. I would want them to have everything they need so that they won't miss me after I quit my job, buy a private jet, and spend my time traveling, visiting good friends, and...you know...following Rob and Jackson's careers ;)

I am a big supporter of United Way and would love to be able to give more back to my community.

rpfangirljr said...

First, I like the Stewstress with lighter hair. I think it looks way better on her.

Second, if I had the bank roll from doing a Twilight movie, I'd like to think that it was because I was playing Bella and having to be with Rob almost naked... Or Alice and being with Jackson... too bad he wassn't almost naked in any of the films.

As for the money, I would do something for children... definitely something along the lines of the Make-a-Wish type of thing... and I'd give some cash to help out the furry/feathered friends on the planet. Something to make sure they stay and are treated with kindness.

Salt said...

I really like the person that she is becoming. :)
And yes that cover is GORGEOUS!