Friday, February 18, 2011

IRWTSMN - Healthy Eating

Helloooooo, Happy Friday. 



Since, we all agreed that we need to recommit to IRWTSMN, I was thinking that it would be good for us to share some ways that we are recommitting...and what better way to start that off than by sharing some healthy recipes...or just healthy eating.

(Was that like the longest run-on sentence ever?  I'm not fixing it.  You'll just have to deal.)

You don't have to share a recipe.  I know some of you aren't "cookers".  I was thinking you could share your favorite low-cal recipe, meal ideas, tips on eating out, healthy snack options...anything pertaining to healthy eating.

I'll go first...

One of my favorite healthy things to eat when I'm watching my calories and such, is a yummy delicious Shrimp and Spinach Salad.

I just take some frozen shrimp (a cup or so) and put them in a skillet with a tablespoon of EVOO (that's Rachel Ray lingo for extra virgin olive oil) and a tablespoon of minced garlic.  I saute all of that together and just pour it over my large bed of fresh spinach...and voila...dinner is served.  The EVOO and hot shrimp wilts the spinach a little.  It's really really yummy and low-cal, low-fat, and low-carb!

Don't forget...


Just to be on the safe side...


Are you ready??


Write a post about Healthy Eating.  Use our IRWTSMN button 
Trixie and Tess Tell All



 in your blog post.  Then, come back here and link up your post in the linky below!

XOXO,
Trixie & Tess

3 comments:

Smitten said...

Mmm, that salad sounds simple and yummy! And I'm trying to incorporate more dark green veggies into our diet because I'm seriously considering (again) giving up milk as a drink (though I won't give it up entirely since I love it in tea/coffee and refuse to entirely give up cheese and yogurt).

I love cooking. And if I'm cooking, it's normally quite healthy. My problem is that Mr. NotSmitten is a junkfoodaholic. I love me some snacks, but am able to resist them at the store, but I've much less willpower when it's already in the house.

I'm doing better at controlling my portions and not mindlessly munching. Now if only I could find some extra time and get out to exercise. Next week Imma start stair walking at work again. 10 flights, 2x/day.

Ok. Enough rambling from me.

xo

MiMi said...

Okay, that picture with the naked pantyhose butt is freaking me out!

Brandy@YDK said...

ha. love this. gawd - could any man be more beautiful?