Friday, June 10, 2011

Fan Fic Friday with Tess

Fan fic.  It's hard to believe that a mere three months ago, I was totally oblivious to the wonderful world that was just a mouse click away.  Sure I had seen people reference fics on their blogs.  I saw a lot about some dude named Fifty and a hottass picture of Edward in a suit usually followed.  There was talk about Master of The Universe and how "Icy" was the shit.  But all of that was just talk to me.  I had never taken the plunge...never dipped my toe in the waters.

I had yet to fall into the rabbitt hole...or jump...I think I kinda jumped.  Head first.

I'm finding it difficult to even recollect how it happened.  Someone...who was it...God bless them...I've got to remember their name.  If it was you then you MUST speak up.  Whoever, it was who had me read Emancipation Proclamation...I owe them.  Like I should be indebted to them forever.

EP owned me.  I hadn't been owned by a story and characters like that since I spent 7 days reading the Twilight Saga for the first time.  It was magical.  I was so in love with Mafiaward.  It's such a powerful and moving story.  I was so invested in the characters.  I was reading it at stoplights and under the table at dinner..."bathroom breaks" at work.  Most would probably agree that it shouldn't be anyone's "first".  Not the best way to pop your fan fic cherry...it's so intense and angsty.  I spent a whole Saturday just crying...ALL DAY.

After EP, I went onto something a little more fluffy.  Edward Wallbanger.  HALLELUJAH.  I love this fic so much.  The relationships between them all are so fun.  Edward is a hunkalicious big shot photographer and Bella is an interior designer.  Edward bangs walls. A LOT. If ya know what I mean. *raises eyebrows*

Clipped Wings and Inked Armor was my third fic.  It's intense and sad...sad sad sad, but it's also HOT HOT HOT.  Tattward has been the star of many of my dreams since reading this fic. Oh, and cupcakes...you can't forget the cupcakes!  Thinking my next tattoo should be a cupcake in honor of Tattward...he is just that damn mind-blowingly-sexy. <---I think I just made that up "blowingly". Hmm. I like it.

*I got in trouble yesterday on the Twitter for proclaiming my love for CW&IA...I forget that having "contraband" and going public with that shit is against the "rules".  Rookie mistake.  Lesson learned.*

So, I'm sad to say the CW&IA is one of those AMAZING-everyone-should-read-fics that no longer is posted on fanfic.net or twilighted. *sad panda face*

As any good Grasshopper would, I've made my way through a lot of the "classics"...and I've loved each and every one of them...being OWNED by each fan fic while I was reading it...falling deeply and madly in love with Edward over and over again.  That's the beauty of fan fic.

Knotches on my Fan Fic bedpost also include:
*Misapprehension of Bella Swan (Concerning Hockey Players...or something like that) - Hockeyward and Snarkella...such fun lemons and a seriously entertaining relationship between Bella and Emmett!
*The Office - Hello, Beautiful Bastard!  Gah, I loved reading this story!  Such a fun read.  You'll never look at an office desk the same way again. Swearsies.  And you might have trouble keeping your concentration in a conference room...EVER again. <---I know this from experience.
*Master of The Universe - If Fifty doesn't own you, he should.  If you don't fantasize about the Red Room, you should.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the face of Twitardia who hadn't read it...so, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.
*The Blessing and The Curse - another angsty heart-wrenching read...but totally worth it!  It was completely different from anything else I had read...shedding a new light on E&B's relationship.  I loved it!
*Pound of Flesh (WIP) by @sophiejax or Jaxon22 - Punkassward is the hottest criminal you'll ever want to have <---in the biblical sense.  He's angry, holds secrets, and has issues with the 'L' word.  But a few chapters in and you'll be changing your nickname to "Peaches" and eating Oreos everyday.
*Help Wanted - another FANfreakinTASTIC fic by the awesomely amazing @sophiejax - Edward is an A-list movie star and Bella is a PA in need of work, hence the title "Help Wanted".  Edward hires Bellas to be his PA and the rest is history...mixed in with a little angst, heart-warming-panty-dropping romance, and a whole lotta lemons...lemony lemony goodness. 

I'm currently reading The Submissive Trilogy by @tarasueme or tara sue me.  WOW.  Once, again...I'm totally owned by a new fan fic and falling in love with a new Edward.  Just so you know, I'll be Domward's sub anytime.  No safewords...not even a fake one.

A big thanks to the follow fan fic h00rs for keeping me in the goods and rec'ing fics for me:
@allthingsHHH - she's like my sensei
@Smitten_RPattz - also been a mentor and leads me in the right direction
@dangrdafne - gives good fic
@Mama_Cougar - gives good fic
@ChloeCougar - gives good fic
@jedecec - gives good fic
@Fiftyownsme - my newest Twitter friend and giver of good fan fic rec's
@JiffSimpson - for being my IRL Twitter friend who I can talk all things fan fic with...what a life saver!  I'd probably combust if I couldn't talk about it in person with someone.  So, thanks, Jiff!

I'm sure I've missed someone important...but I've read a lot of fan fic and it's taking up a large portion of my brain...so, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

This was just kind of a post to summarize my fan fic experience thus far, but I plan on doing a Fan Fic Friday post each week with reviews of my current reads and rec's...and requests for rec's...and maybe some pics of my current favorite Edward.

I give you PAW (I borrowed this from http://tehlemonadestand.blogspot.com/)


'Til next Friday.



h00rin' it up like nobody's business,

Tess
Trixie & Tess

12 comments:

MrsKassieCullen said...

I've been h00ring it up like no one's business for the past oh year or so. I am addicted to fanfic. You started with the same 'classics' I started with, I'm just glad I haven't been called out for all the contraband I now have.
I don't want to take the credit for you reading EP if it wasn't me but could it have been from the EP read along I started at TJA that inspired you to read it? Speaking of... I'm slacking and better get to finishing our post for this week. Freaking Amishward is dominating my time... so is a Dominant Edward in Shhhhhh ;)

Jiff said...

I'm here for you any time, Hooker!

Jaymes805 said...

So glad to find a ff newbs like myself. I'm actually about a year in and sadly have only read like a few haha. I lag, big time. My last one was EP and I haven't been able to move on yet. ;) Here is a list of all the one's I've read and would rec for sure.

Osa Bella
MotU & II
EP (my numero uno fav)
The Best Man (close 2nd fav. Bawled. So goood though, not long and really cute)
TB&TC
Wallbanger (funny!)

TongueTwied said...

Ummm so if you ever said to me, 'I don't read fanfiction' and I had some snide remark like 'you don't know what you're missing' you've probably forgiven me at this point, right? LOL **I never said that though**

You are plowing through!

I'm so glad you read The Blessing and the Curse because it is one of my favorites!!

There is so much good stuff out there to picture Rob in!!!

TheRugbymom said...

Wide Awake by AngstGoddess003 is one of the first GREAT stories that took the cherry of many fan-fic h00rs back when I first became addicted. Please add it to your list!

My daughter still doesn't get it. She kept asking me "What's Fifty?" when we went to Foooooorks! last year. I've told her she can't go back with me this year unless she reads MotU first. She started it right before Icy took it down. Guess I'll have to buy her the book.

I have sooooo many favorites! And new ones come along every day! What's not to love?

MiMi said...

Awesome: hookin us up with links!

TwitardedMom said...

I remember talking to you on twitter when you just discovered fanfic. It's a brave new world out there baby.

Don't forget The List which is a must read.

Dangrdafne said...

Gah you finished The Dominant - I am only half way through. Darn it.

Glad you fell in here with us. It is quite a nice place to be :)

hotpants™ said...

I'm sure there's some good stuff out there, but everything I've ever seen has been way too cheesy for me.

Munkee said...

I totally needed this post! It's summertime and I am getting back into fanfic. I am a little behind you, have just read a few. I just finished reading the Blessing and the Curse at 3 am today! I didn't know where to turn until I remembered somebody recommended The Family Business. Totally great, very different. I get a little tired of Edward being the f-ed up monster that needs to be tamed. But not that tired!!! I'm going to bookmark this post. Thank you!

JeDeCe said...

Hey, thanks for the shoutout! (I'm finally getting caught up on blogs or I would have been here earlier)
So happy you enjoyed the recs...there's nothing like a steamy & fun story. :) And I can't tell you how excited I am for you to be reading A Pound of Flesh. Its excellent.

You may want to take a look at @MissBettySmith 's Full Disclosure, if you haven't added it to your list yet. Her earlier work: The Gentleman from Washington State is also great! Happy reading! :)

Jenn
@jedecec

JeDeCe said...

Hey, thanks for the shoutout! (I'm finally getting caught up on blogs or I would have been here earlier)
So happy you enjoyed the recs...there's nothing like a steamy & fun story. :) And I can't tell you how excited I am for you to be reading A Pound of Flesh. Its excellent.

You may want to take a look at @MissBettySmith 's Full Disclosure, if you haven't added it to your list yet. Her earlier work: The Gentleman from Washington State is also great! Happy reading! :)

Jenn
@jedecec